Well, I have tried again to get the the budgies onto pellets. After the problem with the seed, I have no interest in using it again! I tried to get them in the aviary on pellets before, and gave up after 2 weeks.
Well this time I used a different brand, Roudybush. I used either exact or kaytee last time. I use Roudybush with the conures, but it is pricey, so went a little cheeper when I tried before, and it didnt work!
Anyway, this time it took 2 weeks and they are 100% converted. I used tough love this time. I bulked up their fruits, veggies and soak mix, and only did 1/3 seed to 2/3 pellets, and each day cut out a little more seed. last time i did 1/2 & 1/2. I knew they were not going to starve where they had the extra of their veggies etc. And with the 20+ budgies, it worked wonders. Monkey see, monkey do, they are all eating it now, 100% pellets!!!
So yay! less mess in the aviary, less chance of wild birds coming by with their cooties eating seeds of the patio, and maybe the darn rat will leave!!! lol
Congrats Anna!!! I know how much patients it takes and how you worry in case they would rather starve than eat that "stuff" you give them instead lol it took mine a couple of weeks to really get into it (and frosty - true to form - a little longer) but they are all converted now aswell and the difference in their feathers is amazing! Definately worth the effort