Our floor has recently been re-corked, which included them varnishing it. On Friday they're going to come back and fix up the mess they made (don't get me started ). Anyway, we'll have fumes in our house for a while. At the moment, Yogie is at my grandma's place. This is really convenient because she lives right over the road from school. I come in every morning and lunchtime to look after Yoges.
How long do you think we'll have to wait before he moves back in? Just until we can't smell the fumes any more? I'm trying to be really careful because I know that varnish fumes can be fatal for birds.
Good to hear Yoges is away and good for you only across the road.. I would wait personnally 5 days, might sound long.. but having worked in the paint industry in the past,it takes 5 days for the hardener and chemical's in RESIN for varnish... to go away..keep the windows and when possible doors open especially. now its windy helps dry quicker also..
Well Yoges came home today. We didn't get one of the rooms re-corked, so he's in there at the moment. The smell in the rest of the house has almost gone but there's just a faint trace. Once the smell's gone, we'll take him into the bathroom and he can have a bit of a splash in our bath! Ever since I saw the vid of Harry(ette) I've been wanting to try it with Yogie.